- 1969 - Established as Hillston Engineering, Hillston NSW, Grain Sheds and general Engineering servicing the Agricultural sectors.
- 1972 - Commenced design and fabrication of transportable grain silos.
- 1984 - Centralised operations to Forbes NSW, the Central west wheat belt
- 1997 - Opened A branch in Gunnedah NSW, to service Northern NSW and Queensland growing regions
- 2005 - commissioned and New Factory in Forbes NSW for Larger capacity and On site silos
- 2006 - 2nd Generation Steven and Jenny Morrison take ownership
- 2011 - Commissioned another Factory in Forbes NSW, adding further manufacturing capacity
- 2014 - 3rd Generation Stevie-Leigh and Joshua began working fulltime in the business after studies
- 2015 - Capacity expansion for Kit silos opened Forbes NSW
- 2017 - Company restructure with Grain Storage Technology, becoming the Businesses Trading entity, Aussie Grains Pty Ltd the Manufacturing company with HE Silos and TICS™ as some of the major brands we Manufacture and sell.
- 2019 - HE Silos commemorated 50 years in Business
Grain Storage Technology’s mission is to provide the best grain storage practices using cutting-edge technology to improve grain productivity, protection and ultimately profitability for all.
Because every grain counts.
Our Vision and Future
Pro-actively protect the quality and security of “on farm” stored grains.
Provide Storage, equipment and advice to maximise “return on investment”.
Educate the need for stored grain quality preservation.
Through Innovation continually improve design to ensure “value for money”.
Expand our geographical foot print to the international market space.
The Road to NSW Business of the Year
The road to NSW Business of the Year began in 2014 when H E Silos Forbes was nominated for the following awards by our local business chamber: People Development, Excellence in Product, Business Development, and Excellence in Business.
2014 - HE Silos Forbes were humbled and honoured to win Excellence in Product and Excellence in Business and 2014 local Business of the Year at the BOSCAR Awards.
2015- HE Silos Forbes became a finalist at the Central West Orana Business Awards in awards such as Excellence in Sustainability, Excellence in Business Ethics, Excellence in Business Leaders, and Excellence in Business.
2016, HE Silos Forbes was a finalist in the local BOSCAR Awards for Excellence in Business Ethics, Excellence in Innovation, and Excellence in Business, winning Excellence in Innovation, and Excellence in Business.
2016 - HE Silos Forbes became a finalist in the Central West Orana Business Awards for Excellence in Business Ethics, Excellence in Innovation, and Excellence in Business, winning the Excellence in Innovation award which progressed them through to the NSW State awards.
November 2016, HE Silos Forbes accepted the award for Excellence in Innovation at the NSW State awards at Luna Park, Sydney, also winning the 2016 NSW Business of the Year with CEO Steven Morrison accepting the award.